The Irish in Europe Project provides researchers with the opportunity to showcase their new research, not only as articles, chapters and monographs but also as other research tools. (Image credit, Irish College, Paris).
The Irish in Europe Project currently has a number of data sets in preparation. These include:
- Irish naval personnel in French and Spanish Service in the early modern period (Simancas, Vincennes etc)
- Irish officers in the French Service in the eighteenth century (Vincennes). Read more
- Irish law students at the Inns of Court in the seventeenth century (London)
- Irish medical students at the university of Rheims in the eighteenth century (Rheims)
- Irish in Paris hospitals in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries (Paris)
The Project also provides news on technical solutions to data collection, storage and querying problems. Currently the Project is developing software to facilitate the automatic uploading of biographical data.
The Irish in Europe Project has an active Virtual Research Environment. To lean more view and browse the VRE.
Learn more about the purpose and goals of the Irish in Europe Project.